New Director's Induction Programme
Why do new directors need induction?
Induction provides new directors with the information they need to become as effective as possible in their role within the shortest practicable time.
Chairmen: You are responsible for ensuring that new directors receive a full, formal and tailored induction on joining the board.
Company secretaries: You are responsible under the direction of your chairman for facilitating the induction of new directors – both executive and non-executive.
New directors: You are responsible for obtaining the information you need to become as effective as possible in your role within the shortest practicable time.
All directors should receive induction on joining the board to obtain appropriate knowledge of the company and gain access to its operations and staff.
Induction should include:
- Building an understanding of the nature of the company, its business and the markets in which it operates
- Building a link with the company's people
- Building an understanding of the company's main relationships.
The New Directors' Induction Programme is an annual self-study programme of continuing professional development.
It starts with a comprehensive New Director's Induction Pack, including a CPD planning and record diary, New Director's Induction Checklist, four short books and audio interview on lifelong learning.
It continues with the CPD for Directors programme – every month you receive a Directors' Briefing newsletter, the next CPD guide and interviews with leading practitioners and thought leaders.
The New Director's Induction Pack
The New Director's Induction Pack provides a ready made basis for launching a director into his/her new career.
This is what you get
Personally addressed mailing box containing:
- My Personal CPD Record – A4 wire bound CPD year planner and record document
- New Director's Induction Checklist
- CPD Guide to Becoming a Director
- CPD Guide to Roles & Responsibilities of Directors
- CPD Guide to Corporate Governance
- Checklists for Directors and Boards
- Directors' Briefing newsletter
- CDs – audio books and interviews
CPD for Directors
The UK Corporate Governance Code requires all directors to regularly update and refresh their skills and knowledge
Your professional institute will also require you to undertake 30 hours a year of continuing professional development – and to keep a record of your CPD activities.
CPD for Directors is a monthly programme delivered to your personal mailing address providing you with news, ideas and strategies to keep you up to date and develop your knowledge and skills while you drink your coffee – or listen in the car or on the train. And with audio, visual and print elements it appeals to all learning styles.
Each section is less than 20 minutes – easy to digest and easy to fit in.
This is what you get – delivered to your door every month
- the essential Directors' Briefing – newsletter – keeping you up-to-date with legislation, regulation and corporate governance, synopses of recent reports, case studies and practical lessons in management, strategy and decision making
- The next CPD Guide in the series:
- Building Your Own Support Network
- Networking as a Director
- Running Effective Meetings
- Away Days and Corporate Retreats
- Finance for Non-financial Managers
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Scenario Planning
- Executive Coaching
- Influencing and Persuasion
- Presentation Skills
- Tools for Developing Strategy
- Audio version of the CPD Guide
- CD containing valuable interviews with leading practitioners and thought leaders
– all easily digested in coffee breaks or while travelling.
CPD for Directors guarantees a convenient path to continuously developing your awareness, knowledge and skill as a director. You can subscribe monthly or annually.
Order the Induction Programme Now
Payment is handled by WorldPay, using a secure server link.
If you would like to discuss purchasing several copies at a privilege price, then contact us now.
Return to Director Development